La Flânoire encourages other Black travelers to share their own experiences and recommendations. We know as Black travelers we experience things differently, in ways that others may not be able to relate to. While the type of experiences we have may be similar, our perspectives on them can be quite different. This blog is more than just travel reviews and recommendation lists; it’s a space for you to find out what your fellow Black travelers experience on their travels to places and spaces you may be interested in going to. As the self-proclaimed Black Female Flâneur, I offer my views from my travel journeys and collect stories from fellow Black travelers to showcase people’s thoughts and experiences in different places worldwide. Prompts/questions around blog themes will be offered regularly to give more insight into people’s travel experiences.
To contribute a piece to the site, please review the submission guidelines and submit your information via the form below. All submitted posts will be reviewed and approved before publishing. If your post is not approved for publishing, you will be notified. Any post not approved for publishing will remain the sole property of the writer and will not be stored for use, unless otherwise discussed.
- Please only submit original blog posts. We will not accept submissions of reused posts from other sites or plagiarized posts.
- All posts must be written with a first-person perspective.
- Blog length must be between 800-1500 words at minimum to be considered.
- Blog posts must have been proofed for grammatical and spelling errors, before submission.
- All posts are published anonymously, so please do not include any identifying information in your post.
- Please do not include inappropriate or offensive content in your post. We reserve the right to determine if a post is inappropriate or offensive.
- You may not include links to any website which contains content that is slanderous, libelous, racist, homophobic, transphobic, threatening, pornographic, obscene and or infringing that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability.
Terms of Submission:
By submitting your post for publishing on La Flânoire, you are granting us a non-exclusive license to your post and any accompanying photos. We reserve the right to publish your post and any accompanying photos as we wish, including the right to use the full text or excerpts in other La Flânoire publications, the addition of photos to accompany your post, and to market your post via different platforms such as Instagram. We will not modify your blog post without your expressed consent. Approved submissions will be published on the La Flânoire website and marketed via the @LaFlanoire Instagram and site newsletter. La Flânoire will not include any affiliate marketing in your post, however, ads may be included on the page your blog appears.
Your email address is taken in the form to communicate post-related issues or questions and will not be published with your submission. By submitting your post you are permitting us to contact you with any questions, concerns, or updates about your submission. All submitted posts will be reviewed and approved before publishing. If your post is not approved for publishing, you will be notified and it will not be saved or used without your consent. If at any point you would like your post removed from the La Flânoire website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions regarding submission, or if you would like to jointly collaborate on a post with La Flânoire, email email@example.com.